Introduction to Infrastructure Resilience
The 2nd seminar on infrastructure resilience is organized by the PRAISys Team at Lehigh University and Florida Atlantic University (FAU). It will be held on from 1 pm to 5 pm on Sept. 22, 2017 at Lehigh University. Professional engineers and public administrators are welcome to attend the four-hour seminar free of charge. Registration is free but required, please simply sign up by clicking the "register" button by Sept. 21, 2107.
This seminar will cover the topic of infrastructure resilience and pratical tools for resilience assessment. It consists of two sessions.
- The first session (1 pm - 2:50 pm) focuses on simplified methods for resilience assessment to improve effectiveness on regional planning and risk mitigation. 1. The concept of community disaster resilience
- The second session (3:10 pm - 5:00 pm) presents quantitative methods with applications in different engineering disciplines to conduct resilience assessments and improve engineering designs. 4. Quantitative resilience assessment and decision making
2. Simplified resilience assessment frameworks
3. Tools for practical resilience assessment
– Coffee break –
5. Infrastructure interdependencies
6. Concluding remarks
Parking: We suggest parking at Zoellner Arts Center Garage (420 E Packer Ave, Bethlehem, PA 18015). Neville Hall is about 3 minutes walk away from this parking lot.
We have successfully held the seminar on infrastructure resilience on Oct. 28, 2016. We are planning another seminar on this topic in the coming year. It is the responsibility of the registrant to determine if this presentation qualifies for PDHs based on requirements of the licensing Board in each state. This presentation has not been preapproved by any preapproving agency or board. If you have any question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.